James Tarantin believes that people in Maryland and across the United States must have health care coverage! It cannot be that a family who has worked hard all their lives, only to have their savings suddenly taken away due to an accident or a health issue!
As a teenager James immigrated to a new promised land called America with no money, connections, friends, family, or a college degree and English was not his mother’s tongue. From the ages of 18 to 28, James lived in a poor studio apartment with no health insurance and for 5 years drove a $1,500 car which had over 120,000 miles.
During these humbling years, while other candidates established credit in the walls of Washington, cooks would give James food so he would not go to sleep hungry and when once an ambulance came to his apartment after a food poisoning, James had to send them back because he could not afford the $700 charge they requested.
On Aug/17th/2009 – Fortune Magazine wrote – “how did $138 billion of projected cash go missing in one year?” – many say it will go bankrupt by 2036 and that if you ran social security as a company you would be in jail.
- Problem– The costs of drugs in the USA are exceedingly high.
- Problem –People who go to the hospital end-up paying bills for years after.
- Problem – Women are considered to be patients of Pre-Existing conditions because they carry a baby. Bad!
- Problem – There are many Health insurance scams which include trickery clauses and unexpected fees. Moreover, the private insurance companies maximize profits when they pay out as little as possible. So honest people have to always be on the lookout. Why?
- Problem – Patients experience long waits for a surgery or a treatment.
- Problem – In 2009 according to the Rolling Stone (August/20th/2009) – 60 people die a day in this country because they don’t have health insurance.
- Problem – Is it fair to Stop Monopolies? > Many scholars say that the healthcare industry is loaded with them. From hospitals to insurance companies, and pharmaceutical companies, when they are allowed to consolidate, it reduces competition and raises prices. Through time and a massive investment in the campaign of politicians, they gained political influence and thus rig the system for their profit. As an example, one pharmaceutical company had increased the price of the anti-parasitic drug Daraprim by 5,000% in one month, from $13.50 per pill to $750.
STANDS on HEALTH CARE
- The Status Quo cannot stay! Healthcare is too expensive and doesn’t protect the vulnerable.
- COVID-19 had worsened the situation for hundreds of thousands of hard-working Marylanders!
- James Tarantin believes that all people want and wish to have health coverage.
- The Tarantin Plan here plan solves 2 core issues – affordability and access for every citizen in Maryland.
- Your insurance will be your choice!
Maryland deserves a U.S. Senator who will really transform healthcare for the middle-class!
James believes that urgency does matter! Working People in Maryland and across the United States need healthcare right now!
PRAGMATIC SOLUTIONS – HEALTH CARE
Create an environment where health insurance prices and prescription drug costs drop sharply as a result of market competition and tax incentives. Access to health-insurance doesn’t mean much. People have access to buy a fancy car, but they can’t afford it. The Congressional Budget Office during the Obama administration estimated that universal health coverage for all would balloon the federal spending by $240 billion annually.
- A Catastrophic Health Care Coverage: James Tarantin believes in providing Catastrophic Coverage for every American citizen earning less than $70,000 a year. The plan would provide basic coverage that is easy to access. It would be there in the event of an unpredictable health catastrophe or massive health issue such as a surgery, serious dental work and mental health. The program will not be administered by for-profit companies, would allow every American to auto-enroll and premiums would be fair and affordable. Private options would still be available, so competition in the marketplace would remain.
- Expand Medicaid: Every American who makes less than $250,000 a year will see his or her benefits go up. This can create up to 50,000 new jobs, boost GDP of Maryland by over $5 Billion annually and protect rural hospitals from shutting down. James Tarantin promises in good faith that he will not cut Medicaid. Period
- Education: Create a financially conservative program to educate people how not to get sick. To Prevent. Oprah Winfrey once said: “95% of all health-care dollars are spent on treating diseases and less than 5% on preventing it. This paradigm needs to change.”
- Big Tax incentives: a) to all restaurants and food supply chains that serve healthy food, b) employers who give their employees quality health-care, c) people who prove they lead a healthy-life style, and d) doctors who willing to serve in a poor neighborhood.
- REDUCE TAXES FOR NURSES AND DOCTORS: any nurse or doctor who are willing to work at any part of the Rural areas of Maryland and or the U.S.A., full-time, for 3 years straight, will pay a flat federal tax of no more than 10% during this time. This incentive will unlock the shortage of nurses and doctors at the most needy parts of the country and begin to break the line between health and wealth.
- Cuts regulations with the guidance of doctors and hospitals, so that patients can get faster care. Add regulations on addicting products such as tobacco, which has been proven to be a leading cause of death.
- Break the state lines by allowing local insurance companies to compete across state lines and for local drug prices to drop. Moreover, allow private sector companies from our allied nations to compete in the health insurance marketplace. Finally, review the practice of PRICE GOUGING, and add string and human regulation where necessary, most notably in the prescription drug industry. This will help millions of people in Maryland and across the United States.
- Allow pre-existing conditions to be covered: Completely forbid health-insurance companies from denying coverage to people with pre-existing conditions. James Tarantin will work tirelessly to allow every Marylander and American with a pre-existing condition to access health insurance coverage with a 100% protection!
- For Kids and babies: Extend health-insurance coverage for middle-class kids and protect babies from foods that are full of dangerous, processed chemicals.
- MORE For Kids and babies: Hundreds of thousands of babies are born with neurological issues that affect their motor skills. Young parents must be educated what to do. CT scans DO NOT always detect the issue and physical therapy (which fundamentally helps) is not covered by most health insurance companies.
- For Veterans: They should be able to see a doctor right away without waiting in line and have the best healthcare available to them and their families, for free. No questions asked.
- Fiscally sound Investments on research to cure cancer, diabetes, etc…
- Tax credits to companies that provide health insurance to their employees.
- Good Karma and Justice: Countries as Portugal don’t treat addiction as a crime but as a disease.
- Standing with Women: educate young women on the process of healthy pregnancies. This will make their return to the workplace, if they choose, a much smoother one. They can take the full advantage of the economic opportunities waiting for them. Moreover, many good mothers across the country do not have the proper education on how to raise their precious newborn babies. Mothers barely sleep due to late night feedings and that fact takes a huge toll on their health and vitality. THEREFORE, Let’s support our mothers on neonatal and postnatal care right now! – SEE BELOW!
- Mothers Care NOW: Every mother making less than $100k a year must get a 4 month fully paid maternity leave and the safety that her job will be waiting for her when she returns. Often a Mother cannot depend on friends or family, who themselves are busy working. No mother should have to choose between caring for her child or losing a job. It is critical we foster a solution that will have a positive impact in the mental health of mothers and not bankrupt companies at the same time. Their state of mind directly impacts our children’s cognitive, linguistic and social-emotional development. It is the right, moral thing to do.
- Women Rights are Human Rights: James Tarantin will fight with all his might that no woman in America will ever be denied coverage just because she is a woman. With the innovative ideas presented by James Tarantin, even the hardest-hit communities across the USA will slowly start to have adequate OB-GYN care for women, as well as other compassionate healthcare programs. All women deserve Equal Rights, Equal Pay, a full access to healthcare, a paid maternity leave. “I am my sister’s keeper.”
- For Holistic Health: Allow holistic health medicine as prescribed by certified officials to be tax-deductible for the people of Maryland and across the United States
- Import Medicine: one of the best ways to reduce the costs of medicine is by allowing Americans to import drugs from abroad so long as they meet the FDA requirements.
- A Fairer Patent Process: Medical patents should offer the promise of a healthier, happier life. But far too often, they give pharmaceutical companies monopolistic power in the marketplace.
- Outlawed Opioid drugs that are clinically proven to be addictive and deadly.
- Caring for Mental Health: Many people, young and old and all ages in-between, suffer from stress, anxiety and other mental disorders. In general, when someone is grieving, we want to help, when someone is distressed, we tend to shun away. Nearly one in two people will suffer from depression or from other form of mental disorder in their lives. This is not just a moral issue but an economic one as well. This is why we need health insurance companies to cover mental health issues, as well as helping schools to address this issue. Loving-kindness is the key.
- 100% Strengthen Consumer Protection! – This is a moral duty of those in public office
- Build new 21st century hospitals in Rural Areas: Let us give entrepreneurs and companies strong tax credits to build the hospitals of tomorrow in rural, underserved New hospitals are the DELIVERY mechanism to access care. James Tarantin will work tirelessly to get this done, also by channeling available federal funds for this humane cause.
- More competition. More bidding. For example: by bargaining with drug companies for bulk prices, the U.S. department of Veterans Affairs pays 40% lower prices for prescription drugs than the standard market prices.
- More cures for diseases. More Cures.
On Socialist Programs:
- Opium addiction is a national epidemic. Since 1999, overdose deaths have quadrupled. The majority of prescription opioids that are being misused are coming from not from people buying them off the street, but from legally written prescriptions.
- People who get caught using the drug once, maybe twice will end up with a civil record, and as a result, have a tough time getting a job. This should change.
- Education: We need to make sure that everyone understands the danger of opioids.
- Diplomacy: We must diplomatically pressure targeted countries such as Mexico, to stop the flow of illegal drugs to the USA.
- Best Tech: America must establish the best technology to stop these drugs at the border.
- Safety: Allow law enforcement to confiscate drugs with false labels and prescriptions.
- Quality Database: We should establish a national database website where our citizens can have access into checking on fake actors and distributors of these drugs across state lines.
- Provide FREE of CHARGE 24/7 hotline counseling for those who need help.
- Let’s make sure that our brave first responders have the necessary medications to prevent overdose deaths.
A Personal Message from James Tarantin:
I hope you find my position here humane for Democrats, Republicans, Independents, and people of all faiths.
It is my genuine intention to treat fairly All People from every creed and color living in Maryland and the United States of America.
I will fight with all my might to pass the innovative policies presented here so YOUR VOICE WILL COME ALIVE.
Let’s do this together folks and bring back The American Dream to as many doorsteps as we can. My whole soul is into this… to Heal America and make YOUR DREAMS COME ALIVE!
With profound humility, I genuinely hope that I will have the honor of having your vote for the United States Senate this coming November/8TH, 2022.