James Tarantin believes that America is the architect and moderator of peace among the nations of the world. Living in, and visiting other countries across the globe, has given James at a young age a world view that other candidates may lack.
- The debate between George W. Bush and Al Gore summed up the difference between the Republican party and the Democratic party. The USA has a sacred duty to be the leader of the free world, to support free trade and be an empire of liberty to Mankind. This does NOT mean the USA needs to be the world’s Policeman. We need to empower people at home and use our military wisely while acting jointly with other nations on global issues.
- Foreign policy is about a universe of different situations and dynamics that constantly shift. Hence, leaders must have a great sense of understanding; they must feel the hearts of all people. True statesmanship requires something more than a skill, but a vision: a grasp of present and future possibilities. Peace and union rests on the recognition of the inalienable rights of Man to be truly free to achieve his/hers dreams.
On Afghanistan – WIN The WAR AGAINST TERRORISM
James had experienced firsthand the dangers of terrorism and understands a 9/11 must never happen again. Terrorism must be found and eradicated. Yet, we must ensure that America is never caught in a forever war. At the same time, we must above all else ensure that terror attacks can never be launched against the United States and its citizens.
The war against terrorism is not a political issue. It is an American issue, and it must be won.
The withdrawal in Afghanistan shows what happens when the war on terrorism is used for political points by career politicians with bad intentions. It was mishandled and has weakened the United State.
- To lead the world, you must first have your own house in order. America’s constant state of war, the “Forever War”, is not good for our economy at home, puts an unbearable strain on military families, and ultimately delegitimizes our genuine mission to become Liberators. BUT!
- We learn from history that leaving a country too soon during or after a military conflict, will leave a vacuum in this country, which all too often will be filled and give rise to a terrorist group. Better planning and military withdrawals must be implemented to reduce additional fundamentalist groups from seizing control.
- The President and his Senators created one of the worst foreign-affairs policy since the Bay of Pigs. As CNN said: “if this is not a failure, how does a failure look like, exactly?”
- There is a bi-partisan support to leave Afghanistan. But the execution was not good.
- We left billions of dollars’ worth of equipment for terrorists and Iran to take over. We left many Americans and friends behind enemy lines. We created a situation where refugees will mass migrate to our European allies and where some could be terrorists in disguise. And unfortunately, we increased the chances of a terrorist attack on American soil, like Sep/11.
- Professionals say that Afghanistan is sitting on $1 TRILLION worth of minerals of which China now may have better chances in getting.
- Muslim nations must stand firmly against terrorism and Jihad!
- According to many diplomats, Islamic extremists often prefer not to use violence but just to spread their power silently within the countries of the West. Building educational systems which turn the citizens of the West to their violent cause. Though one cannot lump all Muslims in one category and pinpoint, Islamic extremism is a political ideology. Many young Muslims are drawn to this extremism as a question of identity. James Tarantin believes that We need to offer a vision of our society where they will feel a part of our country!
- PREVENTING NEW TERRORIST ZONES: Moral clarity comes before a political will. From history we learn the importance of having The Courage to ACT before a problem is at its height. When the allies see mounting evidence that a new zone on the world’s map is becoming a hub for terrorism:
- Stop terrorists from entering or leaving this zone
- Prosecute lone-wolf individuals in the West who support them
- Collaborate with nations surrounding this zone to offer data, finances and support of all kinds.
- Stop groups such as ISIS in part by preventing them from raising capital. Block their attempts to sell oil, prevent them from stealing and selling art and antiques, as well as other schemes to raise money.
Support The Cuban People
- Communism is a failed system.
- Let us give the Cuban people a quality internet access so they can spread the message of liberty in a more effective way.
- The North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) was Est. in 1948 to promote stability in the North Atlantic area. It relies on member states for contributions. Relies on Article 5 – “An attack on one member is an attack on all NATO allies.” Article 5 was mainly created to protect the West from the Soviet Union.
- James Tarantin believes that the USA needs to be the most powerful member State of NATO and contribute money accordingly while the other members contribute their fair share and do their duties. America can’t keep spending money persistent global policing while the citizens of America can’t get by. It’s not fair to U.S. citizens nor would this approach actually cure the human heart to better behave.
- Learning from History, America needs to be the peacemaker and PRIME LEADER of the world all the time and sometimes intervene militarily. Sacrificing the nations’ resources and men and women in uniform on policing every single war-front is not always wise or prudent.
FOR A BETTER / STRONGER CYBER-SECURITY
- America needs to bring its best minds and programmers to protect the homeland.
- Collection of intelligence is the second oldest profession in the world. American foreign affairs and military operations need to receive distilled accurate reports of pure, raw data.
- PROBLEM – In 2014, almost 300 data breaches were reported by the U.S. based Privacy Rights Clearinghouse, involving more than 68 million records according to Fortune.
- Pass fair Federal Acts that oblige tech companies to provide proof on how they protect American interests online.
- Stop International Hackers: a) Publicly name and blame the hostile nation b) impose economic sanctions c) File criminal charges d) file a proper diplomatic response at the UN, e) Retaliation at the Cyber-Space level
ON MILITARY and DIPLOMATIC OPERATIONS
- As much as we believe in reliable, correct public information for most things, we must remain unpredictable in regard to military operations. The Element of Surprise. No need to declare publicly what we are about to do.
- History proves that the USA needs to careful when supporting militia rebel groups. Though the USA sprouted to life from a revolution and believes in the power of the people, in the past, where a revolution was happening against a ruthless regime, the rebels were not the voice of the people in that country, but rather guerilla soldiers backed by foreign agencies.
- Release U.S. hostages anywhere around the world.
- America has real enemies in the world. These enemies must be found and defeated. We will never hesitate to protect the security of every American through force. However, we will never send our brave men and women in uniform into harm’s way except as a last resort. James Tarantin believes that the torch of Lady Liberty can sometimes do more to protect Maryland and America than the strongest tank.
- Stop the spread of nuclear weapons and reduce warheads, particularly by enforcing treaties and agreements which prohibit nuclear testing. James Tarantin believes that It’s imperative that nuclear materials do not fall into the wrong hands.
AMERICA AS A PACIFIC POWER
- America is a Pacific power. Relations with Australia and Japan are vital. As of 2016 Japan is the 4th largest trading partner with the United States. The U.S. has 50,000 troops stationed there and Japan is dependent on the military power of America.
ON IMPROVING THE MILITARY
- James Tarantin believes that America must have the best military technology and equipment. It must not be allowed to decay, particularly, as other nations invest billions on expansion.
- The nature of warfare has changed. Cutting edge technology is key to all aspects of maintaining the strongest military in the world.
- Protect the Homeland. Peace through Strength. In the words of our Nation’s first president, George Washington: “To be prepared for war is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.”
- James believes that America was founded on the eternal ideals of equality and justice for all!
- More times than not, a good interrogator can extract information more effectively by talking than torturing.
- However, if the American intelligence community assures that one individual is a grave threat, then the interrogator should speak to the terrorist in a language he understands.
ON IRAN & North Korea
- Iran cannot own nuclear weapons and shift the power in the Middle East.
- Iran has been funding terrorist networks for many decades.
- According to many, the Iranian Government mainly respects Strength and not genuine diplomacy.
- Against enemies, not too much tough talk … just silent and fierce action, after reasonable research and cooperation with key allies. Sanctions and military operations are all on the table.
- James Tarantin believes that North Korea must be denuclearized and face greater sanctions that ever before so that our fellow friends in South Korea and around the world have a greater hope for a world of peace than a nuclear Armageddon.
BETTER AMERICAN EMBASSIES
- Create a single innovative website offering internships for college students at American businesses that exist in cities around the world when there is an American embassy. The purpose of this is to find “unfound” talent that aids both the company and America. These internships have no cost, so the incentive is there for the companies to take part. The Israeli embassy in D.C. uses this approach.
- America needs Ambassadors who have sound temperament, supreme organization and are capable of making good decisions. The four key responsibilities of an Ambassador.
- Coordination of U.S. foreign policies in a specific country
- Security for the people who work for the Ambassador
- Promotion of U.S. businesses under the law
- Protection of U.S. citizens who reside in the Ambassador’s post/country.
ON THE UNITED STATES TERRITORIES
- As of 2019, the USA has 14 territories as insular areas: American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Bajo Nuevo Bank, Baker Island, Howland Island, Jarvis Island, Johnston Atoll, Kingman Reef, Midway Islands, Navassa Island and Palmyra Atoll.
- Countries around the world need to recognize these territories as U.S. territories.
THE 51ST State
- Russia expands its territory. China garners immense control over Africa according to the N.Y. times January/13th /2019 edition. Hence, to continue to ensure democratic influence, America should, through a benevolent process only, expand its territory and maybe create its 51st State. Not that long ago the United States did purchase Alaska from the Russian Empire. Thomas Jefferson purchased Louisiana from Napoleon.
Final Thoughts on Foreign Affairs and the Military
- Reagan explains Foreign Policy through the words of Gandhi: “I am not conscious of a single experience throughout my 3 months in England and Europe that made me feel after all, that East is East and West is West. On the contrary, I had been convinced more than ever, that human nature is much the same, no matter under what climate it flourishes, and if you approach people with Trust and Affection, you would have ten-fold trust and thousand fold affection, return to you.”
- The Universal Declaration of Human Rights is not for some citizens for some of the time.
- The lives of people are surrounded by poverty, manacles of war and inner quicksands of despair; yet, we don’t recognize it until these pains flitter with a tragedy. They long for a fresh start and though we will never meet them, it’s our moral duty to lift them up from the pit of darkness to the beaming sunlight of human dignity and happiness, promised to all of God’s Children
- Face to face meetings and frank talks are the best way to air tensions and avoid mere treaties to paper over fundamental differences.
- Build the military to meet future threats and concurrently restore a more pragmatic diplomacy to obstruct cruel regimes from obtaining nuclear war heads and fund terrorist networks.
- Terrorist networks are obsessed on casting the world into the abyss of a new dark age made more sinister by perverted ideology. When we have won the battle for ideals, the war on terrorism will be over. Upon this battle depends the survival of our collective humanity.
A Personal Message from James Tarantin:
I hope you find my position here humane for Democrats, Republicans, Independents, and people of all faiths.
It is my genuine intention to treat fairly All People from every creed and color living in Maryland and the United States of America.
I will fight with all my might to pass the innovative policies presented here so YOUR VOICE WILL COME ALIVE.
Let’s do this together folks and bring back The American Dream to as many doorsteps as we can. My whole soul is into this… to Heal America and make YOUR DREAMS COME ALIVE!
With profound humility, I genuinely hope that I will have the honor of having your vote for the United States Senate this coming November/8TH, 2022.